Sunday 31 March 2013

台北遊: 淡水篇 DANSHUI ONCE MORE

I've been to Taipei twice before, both times during summer.  Both times, I was in Danshui but lasted no more than two hours each time because of the unbearable heat.  Today, I returned to Danshui for the third time to enjoy it to the fullest.  It had been raining the day before and the weather was great for walking, though it would've been even better if the sun wasn't hiding behind the clouds all the time. 

There are times that I do enjoy travelling alone, at snail pace and really taking in the sights. 













I think old streets and old buildings are extremely charming.

I love the history that accompanies every Old Street

The story behind every building

Where the old embraces the new



Time for lunch :)


Exploring further


1932 Gothic-style church 淡水礼拜堂


Leave behind the hustle and bustle of the Old Street and you'll discover Danshui's quiet and laid back side.



No comments:

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...